If you are in town for the weekend we have a Cruise Night at Hardee's the Friday before the show. On Saturday we have a small gathering at the Riverfront Park and provide a meal for the people that have pre-registered for the event and RSVP'd for the Saturday gathering. There is also usually an outdoor movie at the Hermann Amphitheater Saturday evening.
An outstanding attraction in town is the Hermann Farm Museum located on 200 acres of rolling hills at the East edge of town dedicated to preserving and presenting the History and Heritage of the Missouri River Valley. Email: email@example.com, http://www.hermannfarm.com
Content copyright 2017. River City Cruisers Inc. All rights reserved. For more information about the River City Cruisers, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The River City Cruiser’s Car Show in the Park will be offering a new event this year, with the goal of increasing interest and appreciation in classic cars and trucks among youth. A Scavenger Hunt will be among the activities offered at the annual event, which takes place at the Hermann City Park on Sunday, September 10th. High school students are asked to bring an adult relative or friend to assist them in locating and photographing a variety of items related to classic cars and trucks. Scavenger Hunt items along with game rules may be picked up at the registration table between 9 AM and Noon. Students who score at least 15 of 20 answers correctly will be entered in a drawing to win cash prizes, including one $100, one $50, and two $25 prizes. We hope this new event, funded by member Terry Rehma, will be both fun and educational for all participants.
1. Participants are limited to high school students with accompanying adult.
2. Participants must have phone or camera to record answers.
3. You may pick up questionnaires between 9 AM and Noon.Go through the show area and find the items listed.You do not have to go in order of items listed.When you find an item, take a photo.Record the photo number next to the item on your questionnaire.Ex.If you find item #15 first, just write #1 next to the item on the questionnaire and take a photo.If you find item #6 second, write #2 next to that item and take a photo.
4. You have two hours from your start time to complete your scavenger hunt.
5. Take your questionnaire and phone to the judging table.Judges decisions are final.
6. All those who score at least 15 items correctly will be entered in a drawing.
7. There will be one $100, one $50 and two $25 prizes.
8. Drawing will be held at approximately 3 PM.You do not have to be present to win.
PHOTOS ONLY; PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH CARS! You are encouraged to discuss the cars with their owners.
NEW THIS YEAR!
Location of car show
Car show is always the first Sunday after the observed Labor Day Holiday.
Come and spend the WEEKEND exploring The Hermann Area’s many fine wineries, pubs, breweries, historic sites and buildings, museums, gift and antique shops. Sample authentic German cuisine. Cruise the many outstanding 2 lane blacktop country roads. Visit nearby towns, stay in a bed & breakfast or guesthaus and then spend Sunday in the Park at our annual car show. http://visithermann.com/
Have an RV? No problem. The park where the car show is held has full hookups for RV's and some pull through sites. Call the City Office for reservations: 573-486-5400 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. http://hermannmo.com/campground.
On the day of the car show we provide a shuttle to the down town area for people that want to shop. Our show is growing every year. In the past we've had roughly 230 paid participant’s cars and around 40 club cars. We have over 30 classes and give out 3 Awards per class PLUS Best of Show, Best Paint, Best Engine Compartment. Best Interior, Club Participation, Women’s Choice and People’s Choice (where the public votes on our club cars). If you have a group of 5 cars that don’t fit in one of the classes we will make a class for you if you give us enough notice. Our trophies aren’t the run of the mill stuff. We use real crystal pieces (mugs, bowls, etc.) that stand on plaque boards with an enameled medallion and engraved plate fixed to the board. A lot of people have complimented us on the awards.