The River City Cruiser’s Car Show in the Park offered an event with the goal of increasing interest and appreciation in classic cars and trucks among youth. A Scavenger Hunt was among the activities offered at the car show, which took place at the Hermann City Park on Sunday, September 8th 2019. High school & Middle School students were asked to bring an adult relative or friend to assist them in locating and photographing a variety of items related to classic cars and trucks. Scavenger Hunt items along with game rules were picked up at the registration table between 9 AM and Noon. Students who scored 15 of 20 answers correctly were entered in a drawing to win cash prizes, including one $100, one $50, and two $25 prizes. This new event, funded by member Terry Rehma, was both fun and educational for all participants.
1. Participants are limited to high & middle school students with accompanying adult. (Pedal Drag Races for younger children with prizes were also offered at our event).
2. Participants must have phone or camera to record answers.
3. Questionnaire pickup between 9 AM and Noon. Go through the show area and find the items listed. You do not have to go in order of items listed. When you find an item, take a photo. Record the photo number next to the item on your questionnaire. Ex., If you find item #15 first, just write #1 next to the item on the questionnaire and take a photo. If you find item #6 second, write #2 next to that item and take a photo.
4. You have two hours from your start time to complete your scavenger hunt.
5. Take your questionnaire and phone to the judging table.Judges decisions are final.
6. All those who score at least 15 items correctly will be entered in a drawing.
7. There will be one $100, one $50 and two $25 prizes.
8. Drawing will be held at approximately 3 PM.You do not have to be present to win.
PHOTOS ONLY; PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH CARS! You are encouraged to discuss the cars with their owners.
2019 the Scavenger Hunt Information (not sure about 2022, stay tuned)
The Hermann Board of Aldermen has again OK's our application to close off some of the city streets downtown to have a Cruise-in on the downtown streets SATURDAY, Sept. 90, 2023. The Cruise-in starts at 10:00 AM. Enter at 4th Street and Market (Hwy 19). The event runs until 4:00 PM. Cost to enter the show $10 / car. Spectators FREE. The band Pilot Grove will be in town that Saturday (September 9th, 2023) sponsored by the Hermann Area District Hospital Auxilliary. The event is at the Clara Eitmann-Messmer Amphitheatre and starts at 7:00 Pm. Both events are a good reason to visit Hermann for the weekend and stay in a local Bed & Breakfast, take in the many shops, wineries & distilleries. Click HEREfor the Cruise-in Flyer.
The Scavenger Hunt for the kids will start at 10:00 AM. Bring the family and enjoy the day. If you get 15 correct answers you will be entered in the drawing for the cash prizes of $30, $20 or five prizes of $10.
This year we will have three 50/50s. Drawings will be at 12, 2 & 4.
Awards will be about 3:45. Our sponsors will pick their favorite car. About 15 awards will be given out.
NOTE: Our car show has traditionally been on a Sunday but now it has now changed to SATURDAY. More to follow.
Keep checking our Facebook page for updates.
River City Cruisers 2023 Car Cruise-in
Winner of the $25 prize in the 2019 Scavenger Hunt shown with event sponsor Terry Rhema is Carter Gerlemann. Other winners (not shown) were Aydien Fries ($50), and Payton Gertson ($25).
Even though for 2019 we raised our entry price for show cars a little (after 19 years), we believe there is hardly anyplace else where you can take the family and enjoy our hobby for as little money.
Bring a kid(s) to our show, enjoy the cars, pass on some knowledge (or seek it) and enjoy the day with friends and family. The kids can participate in several events as well as play on our new park equipment that we helped fund through past car shows.
Content copyright 2023. River City Cruisers Inc. All rights reserved. For more information about the River City Cruisers, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are images from our past car shows. For more photos visit our PHOTOSpage.
Come and spend the WEEKEND exploring The Hermann Area’s many fine wineries, pubs, breweries, historic sites and buildings, museums, gift and antique shops. Sample authentic German cuisine. Cruise the many outstanding 2 lane blacktop country roads. Visit nearby towns, stay in a bed & breakfast or guesthaus. Spend Saturday at our annual car show. http://visithermann.com/
Have an RV? No problem. The city park has full hookups for RV's and some pull through sites. Call the City Office for reservations: 573-486-5400 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. http://hermannmo.com/campground.
Since 2022 will be a new venture for us, come and see how it turns out on September 10th 2022. A link to the Cruise-in flyer can be found HERE.