Becoming a Member
Would you like to become a member of the River City Cruisers? Here are a few simple rules and procedures for you to agree to prior to completing the membership application. Download the application here.
1) To be eligible for membership in the River City Cruisers, Inc. Car Club you do not have to have something antique or fancy or even have to have a car. You just need a willingness to participate or a desire to work with the club.
2) Dues for the membership in this organization will be $20 per membership family per year. However, voting power is restricted to those family members 16 (sixteen) years of age or older.
3) Applicants for membership must be 16 (sixteen) years of age. If you have a vehicle, you must be able to show proof of a minimum of PL (Personal Liability or Public Liability) and PD (Property Damage Liability) insurance coverage on your vehicles.
4) All members will conduct themselves in a respectable and orderly fashion during club meetings and club activities. Also, all members must always remember that safety is the prime factor at all club events, activities and meetings!
5) All members and guests participating in an event shall abide by the motor vehicle code for the state concerned and by the laws and regulations of the city, the county or the circumstances involved. The welfare and reception of the club depends on the character it gains with the city, county, state and federal authorities. We are not irresponsible drivers. Any flagrant behavior shall result in the loss of a club member's privileges, subject to the decision of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors. We are judged by our actions!
6) Members will immediately notify the Treasurer and the Secretary upon a change of mailing address, email address or telephone number.
7) Resignation of any member will be in writing and submitted to the President. This is in order to remove you from the mailing list and the books.
8) Not in any manner will the membership be refunded to anyone that resigns from the organization.
9) Unless otherwise specified in the By-Laws and Rules, River City Cruisers, Inc. Rules of Order (revised) shall govern parliamentary procedures.
10) These By-Laws and Rules may be amended by voting at a regular membership meeting. A quorum must be present. Any amendment to the By-Laws and Rules must be presented to the membership at a regular meeting preceding that in which the vote is taken on.
The River City Cruisers is a not for profit organization. Every year we donate all our profits by giving a scholarship to a graduating senior, donating money to causes such as Project Graduation, After Prom Breakfast, Relay for Life, The Crusade Against Cancer , the local Back Pack Program, and other community projects to help make the community of Hermann Missouri and surrounding areas a better place to live, work and play. During our first meeting of the year a list of potential candidates, causes and charities are voted on and then funds are distributed throughout the year.
We have also contributed thousands of dollars to Park Pride which is a local organization funding new playground equipment for the Hermann City Park. In the past we have also sponsored kids baseball teams.
The River City Cruisers was formed in 1999 and currently has about 56 active members, many of which are husband and wife teams. The membership has grown over the last several years and is starting to see some younger participation.
Do you remember those Cruisin’ days? It might have been when you were growing up 10, 20, 30 or 50+ years ago. Everybody is looking for ways to relive the good times. The Cruisers not only would like for you to relive the good times with us but to make new good times. Whatever time it is in your life, make it the best time and let us help you make tomorrow even better.
The goal of the River City Cruisers is to have fun and at the same time help out and give back to the community. It not only feels good to enjoy our cars and to be around people who also enjoy cars but it feels good to give and to help others. We have made an effort to try to do more with others in our club and to do more for the people around us.
Our main fund raiser of the year is the “Car Show in the Park” car show held every year on the Sunday following Labor Day. It started with about 50 cars in the early days and now averages around 235 registered cars. This is saying a lot for all the hard work and dedication of the River City Cruisers members.
We have a Cruise Night every second Friday of the month from April through October at the Hardee's in Hermann. Come on out and enjoy the display of cars and the car talk that goes with it. Have a burger, fries and malt too!
Content copyright 2020. River City Cruisers Inc. All rights reserved. For more information about the River City Cruisers, e-mail us at email@example.com.