The River City Cruisers was formed in 1999 and currently has 56 active members, many of which are husband and wife teams. The membership has grown over the last several years and is starting to see more of the younger generation starting to join.
Do you remember those Cruisin’ days? It might have been 40, 30, 20, or even 10 years ago when you were growing up, or it might have been the first couple of years after the River City Cruisers were formed. Everybody is looking for ways to relive the good times. The Cruisers today not only would like for you to relive the good times but to make new good times. Whatever time it is in your life, make it the best time you have had up to now. Make tomorrow even better.
That is our goal in the River City Cruisers - to have fun and at the same time help out the community. We give money for a scholarship to a graduating senior, money for Project Graduation, After Prom Breakfast, Relay for Life, and many other community projects. The River City Cruisers is a not for profit organization and all work is done on a strictly volunteer basis by its members.
It feels good to be able to give, but it also feels good to be able to enjoy your car and to be around people who also enjoy cars. We have made an effort to try to do more with others in our club and to do more for the people around us.
Our main fund raiser of the year is the “Car Show in the Park” car show held every year on the Sunday following Labor Day. It started of with about 50 cars in the early days and has grown to 238 registered cars in 2012. This is saying a lot for all the hard work and dedication of the River City Cruisers members.
There is a cruise every second Friday of the month from March through October at Hardees in Hermann. Come on out and enjoy the display of cars and a lot of car talk.
Becoming a Member
Would you like to become a member of the River City Cruisers? Here are a few simple rules and procedures for you to agree to prior to completing the membership application found here, just print it out and either bring the completed form to one of cruises or mail it to the address on the form along with your membership dues of $20 per family.
1) To be eligible for membership in the River City Cruisers, Inc., Car Club you do not have to have something antique or fancy, just a willingness to participate in, or a desire to work for the club.
2) Dues for the membership in this organization will be $20 per membership family per year. However, voting power is restricted to those family members 16 (sixteen) years of age or older. This also includes the monthly newsletters, and the postage thereof.
3) Applicants for membership must be 16 (sixteen) years of age. If you have a vehicle, you must be able to show proof of a minimum of PL (Personal Liability or Public Liability) and PD (Property Damage Liability) insurance coverage on your vehicles.
4) All members will conduct themselves in a respectable and orderly fashion during club meetings and club activities. Also, all members must always remember that safety is the prime factor at all club events, activities, and meetings!
5) All members and guests participating in an event shall abide by the motor vehicle code for the state concerned, and by the laws and regulations of the city, the county, or the circumstances involved. The welfare and reception of the club depends on the character it gains with the city, county, state and federal authorities. We are not irresponsible drivers. Any flagrant behavior shall result in the loss of a club member's privileges, subject to the decision of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors. We are judged by our actions!
6) Members will immediately notify the Treasurer and the Secretary upon a change of mailing address, email address or telephone number.
7) Resignation of any member will be in writing and submitted to the President. This is in order to remove you from the mailing list and the books.
8) Not in any manner will the membership be refunded to anyone that resigns from the organization.
9) Unless otherwise specified in the By-Laws and Rules, River City Cruisers, Inc., Rules of Order (revised) shall govern parliamentary procedures.
10)These By-Laws and Rules may be amended by voting at a regular membership meeting. A quorum must be present. Any amendment to the By-Laws and Rules must be presented to the membership at a regular meeting preceding that in which the vote is taken on.
River City Cruisers Executive Board:
2013 Board of Directors
President: Doug Smith
Vice-President: Randy Frye
Secretary: Jenny Buesking
Treasurer: Lynn Mead
Newsletter: Jenny Buesking
2013 River City Cruiser Car Show
The River City Cruisers would like to thank everyone who came to the car show and to help make it one of the most successful shows to date. There were a total of 237 registered cars, this is up from the 232 cars from the previous year. Please see the Past Shows
page for some pictures of this year and the previous couple of years.
Each year, car clubs stride to attract more and more participants to their shows. As some shows get larger, the quality of the show goes down. We take pride in the quality of the show that we provide to our participants. This show is our main fundraiser for the year and we want each and everyone who has attended in the past to want to return, bring others and to help spread the word about this car show.
What makes our car show special? All of the participants who show up in some top quality cars. The quality of these cars for the past couple of years have increased dramatically. It gets harder and harder to judge these cars and several classes have resulted in ties. We also have one of the very few shows that have participant voting on our member cars. We urge you to take the oppertunity to cast your vote on our cars.
We would also like to congratulate all of the winners this year. It is always hard to judge these cars as they are some top quality cars.
The next Car Show in the Park is Sunday, September 7, 2014.
If you have any suggestions for our car show, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. We look at each suggestion and discuss it with all the members at our meetings for evaluations.
For local information, please visit www.visithermann.com
If you would like more information about the River City Cruisers, send us an e-mail. Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our mailing address is:
River City Cruisers
PO Box 403
Hermann, MO 65041
Our website is constantly changing, please check back regularly for updates